What Your Bookshelf Says About You
You can tell a lot about a person by looking at their bookshelf.
- How many books do you see?
- What are the patterns or themes?
- Is the shelf sparse or overflowing?
- Do they sort by color, size, author or topic?
- Do they even have a bookshelf full of books?
- Do any of the books look worn and well-loved?
- Do they recommend any of their books to you?
My Shelves. My Life.
My bookshelves. You could learn all you needed to know about me if you looked closely and searched for patterns.
- Antique children’s book collection preserved and featured.
- Dog-eared novels from my teen years.
- Stories of transformation, inspiration and motivation.
- Antique books carefully preserved and stacked.
- Autographed books from every author I’ve met.
- Carefully organized shelves sorted by topic and genre.
- Bookshelves in every room of my home.
Then there are the three tables I use as a makeshift bookshelf in my bedroom. These are the current books checked out from the library. See any patterns? Health, art, creativity, productivity, travel. Again and again, these topics grab my attention as I dig deeper, research more, and continue the endless search for “answers.”
This is my bookshelf. This is my life.
What’s on your shelf?Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest