3 Steps to Living Your Dreams
What’s your current excuse reason for why you aren’t acting on or pursuing a dream? The size of the dream is irrelevant. What’s stopping you? Seriously. Take a moment and think about it, then finish this sentence:
I don’t pursue my dream of ____________ because ______________.
Don’t miss this. Get out a piece of paper and write down that sentence filling in the blanks as you go along. “I don’t know” is not a valid response, so if you’re looking for a viable excuse, go ahead and peruse the selection of common ones below. Choose one or customize it to fit you. Be honest.
- I don’t have enough time.
- I don’t have the right equipment.
- I don’t want to fail.
- I don’t have enough support.
- All of the above.
When it really comes down to it, we can call it reasons or excuses. For whatever reason, you’re just not committed enough to your dream or goal to start acting upon it. No judgment and plenty of understanding are coming toward you right now.
I get it. I’ve been there. I’m still there more often than I’d like to be. BUT, and this is a big but, it doesn’t change anything. It really doesn’t. When you get to the end of your life and haven’t fulfilled the small and large commitments you made to yourself, all of the excuses aren’t going to make you feel better or less guilty.
Why not just change it now, one dream at a time? My challenge for you today is to complete the sentence above and then complete the following statement:
I WILL pursue my dream of ____________ because _______________.
Need some help answering the why? Here’s another helpful list:
- I am a strong, powerful woman who can make anything happen when I set my mind to it.
- I am a creative problem solver who can find the resources I need to make this happen.
- I have faith in my ability to take one step at a time toward this dream.
- I believe this is something that I’m designed/destined/called to do and that the resources I need will show up.
- I have support to help me if I am just willing to humble myself and ask for help.
- I am stronger than I realize, braver than I believe and capable of more than I give myself credit for.
- All of the above.
The last step of the challenge is to share your two statements with someone. I’ll make it even easier for you. Share your two completed statements on any social media site, on my facebook page or instagram, in an email or in the contact form. Then you’ll have completed all 3 steps in less than 5 minutes.
You’re off to a good start… don’t delay, don’t hesitate, don’t second guess yourself. Go with your gut instinct when you fill out the statements. Remember, no judgment here, only support to move you closer to your dreams, goals and living the life you’ve only imagined up until now.
Take action now! I’m cheering for you!
WEEKLY CHALLENGE SUMMARY
- Complete Statement 1
- Complete Statement 2
- Share your two statements with someone.
- BONUS: Capture your statement(s) with an image. It could be the way you feel, a resource for pursuing your goal, the person you shared with, anything.